Monday, January 29, 2007

Tribute to the Bryce

My little brother, Bryce left this morning to go to Hillsong College in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA for six months!
Not only will he not be a car's drive away, he will be a 24-hour plane ride!! He will, quite literally, be on the other side of the world. It's so bittersweet, because I am so happy for him and so proud of him, but I will miss him tremendously. He's my baby brother! Whether he knows it or not, he means a heck of a lot to me, and I have always looked out for him and stuck up for him. I actually have a classic story about defending him to an obnoxious work colleague of his, while extremely inebriated. It was my almost-first fight. But I'm very proud of that moment!

He is definitely the entertainer and baby of the family... He has always been the one to make everyone laugh, he's never been one to hold back his opinions or his first reactions to anything. Everything is the "funniest movie I've ever seen", or "the most amazing thing ever". Since Reese has been born he's been known to say on many occastions "How can one little girl bring so much joy?". And I'm not exaggerating, he said it just like that. When she was first born, he was in school in Waxahachie and so he didn't get to see her till the next morning. He was holding her, and she yawned. His reaction was, "How does she know to do that?". It was so sweet. And he has loved her and been so adoring of her since that day. It's so fun to have brothers who enjoy their niece so much and have such a good time making her smile. I know Bryce will be extremely sad that he will miss her first birthday and her first birthday party... And I know he will miss her a whole heck of a lot.

He's the stereotypical "baby" of the family... the one who doesn't mean to get into trouble, and when he does, he doesn't really understand why! He is perpetually getting injured doing the weirdest things... He's the one who changes his mind about what he likes 50 times and wonders why you're confused... He's just being himself, uncensored, all the time, and it's great. He's a basketball superstar, a singer extraordinaire, a self-taught drummer and guitar player, and not to mention that he's tons of fun and hilarious. He's definitely changed his path a few times, but he's closer to finishing college than Brandon or I, and now he's off to Australia to become a legitimate worship leader (not that he isn't now... but he'll be studying in an amazing and renowned program) and minister... I dare say he's much closer to his goals and who he's meant to be than I am! Or at least he's much closer than I was at 25, that's for darn sure. (on a final note, he would probably read this paragraph and completely, and indefinitely argue with me that he changes his mind all the time... that's my brycie)

Anyways, here are some pictures to pay tribute to my baby bro, Brycearoni. I LOVE YOU!!!!! I am so extremely proud of you that I can't find the right words to even express it... but I will miss you very very much. And I have cried a lot this morning!!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WE LOVE YOU BABY BROTHER

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I just LOVE the pic of you and Bryce smiling at each other after you had Reese. Great picture!

TulipGirl said...

I miss my little brother. While he's only in WI (not half a world away) it seems just so far from us. . .His birthday was this weekend, which makes me miss him extra.

Jess said...

That makes me cry!