Monday, February 05, 2007

Countdown to ONE... Part SEVEN

Wow. I've been a little lazy on blogging lately. My baby's birthday is THURSDAY!!!
WOW!
The poor girl has been getting her teeth and getting my old cold from two weeks ago! The monkey has snot running down her nose, right into her mouth. She refuses to sit still for me to use the nasal aspirator (that is such a new mom term... basically it means "snot sucker") and throws her head from side to side. I basically have to sit on top of her, and put one arm between her arms and face, and try valiantly to get her to keep her head to one side! I know this sounds like I'm torturing her, and I'm sure if she could speak to me about it, she would not use nice words. But the girl cannot breathe!! Last night she was so stuffed up that we could hear her breathing in the baby monitor. Watching her beg for us to hold her all day and continuously refuse her bottle, because she can't breathe well enough to eat, has been extremely sad. What is a mother to do?!?! I hate giving her medicine, because I would love to use a little more "organic" technique rather than forcing Tylenol down the side of her cheek every few hours. But, I've been giving her vitamins for weeks and while they seemed to be working, apparently their longevity did not outlast the cycle of sickness going around our house. Thus, doctor's visit tomorrow, 11:15.

ANYWAYS, This will be my final Countdown blog!
December and January.
If you read this blog with any regularity, you've seen most of the Christmas pics... or at least the super-cute ones. But I'll try to find something new.
These last few months have been amazing with Reese. She has learned so much. She claps her hands, stands up on her own, shows off her little nubs o' teeth, and can give you a high five. I have thoroughly enjoyed this age, and I can only imagine what this next year holds in store for us. I'm so excited about all the new things she will learn and the personality she will be developing. She's a power-house, people! Watch out.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, yes, I did enter her photos in a baby model casting call.
I knew you'd ask.

7 comments:

Jess said...

She is so cute Linds! You and Niles are GREAT parents.

sarah p said...

Lindsey,
Hey! It's been a super long time! I found your blog through Jackie's. Your little Reese is precious! She is so beautiful - you guys must be so proud. I take it you're still in Texas? It's great to read about your life and your family. So glad that you're happy! My blog is: sarahplaintall.blogspot.com. You can see what we're up to these days. Hope you're doing well!

Desiree said...

I cant believe how fast a year goes! Cant wait for the party!! Are you guys gonna make it to Calebs?

Jackie Sue said...

Oh my gosh--gorgeous photos! She is so photogenic. Noah hates the "snot sucker" too. Hey, where do you findall these baby casting calls? I want to join!

Jess said...

How did the doctor go?

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay... I don't know if you remember me from JBU or not but I found your blog from Jackie. Itsn't it fun to read about everyone. It is no fun have a sick one... but I do everything organic too and what I found to be a life saver is the Chiropractor. I take all three of my kids every other week and if they are sick even more. Since we have been going, they hardly ever get sick... and it really helps with congestion. Your little girl is adorable and I hope she feels better soon.

Jess said...

Happy Bday Reese! See you at your party! I hope you are feeling better!