Thursday, January 18, 2007

SLEEP? WHERE ART THOU?

The last week, I swear I have had one of my WORST ever bouts of insomnia. Normally I don't mind them, because I just get up and read, mess around on the computer, get stuff done... But since now I got to boot camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 am, not falling asleep until 2:30 is NOT convenient. Nor is it as nice as it used to be.

Before having a baby, I was such a ridiculous night owl. Staying up till 2 am was nothing to me. And I would never have any reason for staying up that late... It was just for fun! I've always hated going to sleep, and I fight it bitterly until it overtakes me. I just feel like there are so many other things I'd rather do! Read, clean, watch TV, whatever. My mom says I've ALWAYS been that way, even when I was a baby. (I'm starting to glimpse a little of this in my Monkey, but luckily, she's scheduled and after a wee bit of crying, she's out like a light.) But I cannot hang with these late nights anymore!!

One of my goals for this year, although I can't remember if I listed it or not... It's pretty much unreasonable for me to think I could actually do this... was to get in bed at 10pm, and start the wind-down process. But, of course, I am never in bed before 11, at least. But, considering my past, this is actually pretty good for me.

Anyways, I'm rambling.
I'm so freaking tired right now. I finally fell asleep at 2:30, after a long bath where I read 100 pages of my first Lemony Snickett book, not to mention a mug of hot "sleepytime tea", and every other trick I could think of.

No comments: