Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It was Inevitable...

I'm referring to two things. One, my daughter has done it. She has grown a fondness for The Wiggles. oy.
Two, it's time to make my resolutions. Again... oy.
But it just has to be done, and it's for my own good, right?!

1. Read 30 - 50 pages a day... whatever book I'm trying to finish that month. Because another resolution is...
2. Finish at LEAST one book a month
3. Get in bed at 10!! (that's probably going to be the hardest.) Or at least turn off the TV at 10.
4. Maintain my workout routine (boot camp 3 to 4 times a week, running two other days a week)
5. Don't procrastinate so much. At least once a day, I will try to do something I have been putting off.
6. Get back in school. (My appt with DBU is today! I'm excited!)
7. Clean each room in my house for at least 5 minutes a day. (My biggest problem is clutter, so that oughta do it.)
8. Read my BIBLE!!! (I've been terrible about this for a long time!)
9. Cook more often. As in, cook... period. When we were in Florida, I cooked almost every night, and since Reese, I think I've cooked dinner once. Niles cooks for us all the time!! But I really want to get back into it. I really enjoy it, and this year, I want to spend time doing things that I actually enjoy... for myself.
10. End 2007 as a better, more well-rounded person, mother, wife, and friend.
11. Run a 5k every other month. (I'm not alone in this one. My cousin, Seth, is doing it with me. We're running our first one next Saturday. yikes.)
12. By the end of the year, I'd like to be able to run 6 miles with no trouble.
13. ALSO, I'd like to be able to run my mile in less than 8 minutes!!

I think that's probably all for now.
I'm sure I could go on and on, but why get overwhelmed!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

just some stranger reading blogs today, but have you tried/heard of http://www.flylady.net ?
Great program for some :o)

Jackie Sue said...

Several things.

1) How in the crap do you have time to go to bootcamp 3-4x/wk and run twice with a baby and a job?
2) Read 30-50 pages a day? Seriously? I'd be happy to read the msn headlines everyday.
3) How did the DBU meeting go??
4) When are we getting together again? Stacey's bday is this month so we should have another mom/baby day.

Great resolutions! I listed mine, too, but only ones I know I can keep so I don't have nearly as many as you.

lindsayloo said...

well, I also happen to have a husband that works from home... so, that makes leaving for half an hour to go run much more feasible. =)
SOON VERY SOON!!