Friday, January 12, 2007

Second Blog on a Friday Night?!

I know. Lame.
But, to satisfy my own fear of you thinking I'm a loser, we did get two phone invitations for dinner. SO there. l
I haven't been feeling good all week long, and after my insomnia-induced-Owen Meany-read-a-thon last night (read the following blog), I felt even crappier today.

I already blogged tonight, but I thought of something super-funny that Niles said the other night, and I just had to tell about it.
We were watching the Apprentice:Los Angeles, (A bit weird, and not like the normal Apprentice, not to mention sans Carolyn and George. So, I'm not sure about this season as of right now. Quit watching you say? I'm adaptable. It's one of my better qualities.) and this year, for a fun little twist, if your team loses the challenge, you sleep outside in tents. My husband was not getting the point of this, and in his defense, they did make it a little confusing by asking who the "voting public" should send to "Tentcity". I guess, meaning, that if you get kicked off you go to Tentcity, but if you lose you just spend a few nights "in a tent", but not in Tentcity.

Anyways, the funny thing was that Niles was trying to figure out what Tentcity was. So, at the commercial break, he said, "Oh, I get it. I think it means, 'You lose. You're broke... Go live in a tent.' "

Okay, so it was a heck of a lot funnier to the two of us, in the moment. We pretty much laughed at it all night long. Lucky for us that we get each other so much better than you do. =)

I'm supposed to run my first 5K tomorrow. But with this freakish winter storm, and possible freezing rain right about the start time for my race, it looks as if I may not be running. I'm sad! I was looking forward to it. I guess 5Ks aren't that uncommon... Plus, my devoted running buddy already bailed on me. Wuss.

Wow. So this is what happens when you sit and blog in front of your computer on a Friday night.

No comments: