Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh the thinks I'm thinking...

First of all, a few things have briefly annoyed me, just a bit. So, i love blogging, and, truly, it should be a place where I get to share what I want, however I want, in whatever way I want, right?!?! So, now it becomes one more addition to the game of "how will this add to my insecurity?" =) I read other people's blogs that are so well-written and creative, and I think, oh jeez, I shouldn't be doing this. But, here I am... soldiering on. I WILL BLOG, damnit.

Here's another annoying thing. I just finished Wuthering Heights. Did I write this already? What is wrong with Emily Bronte?!?! Or WAS wrong with her anyway. I'm sorry, I know this is a classic, but I was SO disappointed. I guess I was under the impression that it was this heart-wrenching, loving, romantic novel, with a serious dilemma for Cathy, having to choose between two loves. WELL, NO. Apparently this is not the case, and everyone else in the world knew but me. I guess at the very end, justice prevails, and good things happen, but I was so depressed and unhappy while reading this book. At least I have a plethora of good reading material to look forward to, and I can put this disappointment behind me. ( BTW, I feel somehwat guilty for not loving WH... does it mean I don't respect classic literature?!?! i shudder to think...)

Annoying detail #3... I really like the names Eva and Ava for another baby girl. But, since my first little girl is Reese, and Reese Witherspoon has a daughter named Ava, these names are out of the question. For all those wondering, NO, I did NOT name my daughter after a celebrity. And, hence, I can never use the names Ava or Eva or anything resembling. But let me say, in a petty showing of girlish catty behavior, I know of a girl who I'm determined not to like, only because of past, and way past, events, who named her daughter Gwyneth. Oh LORD, are you kidding?!?!? I was named after Lindsay Wagner, so, honestly, i have no room to talk. =)

Annoying detail #4... So, my friend Lauren helped me remember (keep in mind, I already know and fully embrace the fact that I'm a nerd... already wrote a blog about it, remember?)... that i really enjoy working on puzzles. =) We did one at her house the other day, and so I had to run out and buy one at Target to just relive and rehash the fun all over again. SO, Niles completely made fun of me and mocked my new hobby. Here's the picture of my new puzzle...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and the point I was at Monday morning...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, Monday night I was working on it, and actually getting something done, and along comes Niles. Putting little pieces together, connecting little groupings I had done... and, inside, I was trying not to get upset. Sweet Niles. So, finally, my insides calm down, and I am at peace with his helping hands... but then he weasels over to MY side, and starts trying out pieces on the area I've been doing! I know what you're thinking... "WHO DOES THAT?!" And, ever since, as I walk down the hall, or I sit in bed, reading, I can just sense him sitting at the coffee table, putting my precious puzzle together. Oh well. I've barely touched it in two days, so I guess it's fair game. Good thing I love him so much.

I'm done with annoying details... I'll try to be pleasant now. I was so excited the other day because I bought this really cool bathtub for Reese! It's an inflatable duck! And it quacks when you hit its beak! She is getting too big for her infant tub, but she's too tiny for the bathseat I have for her, so this was my way of compromising. Plus, it's just too cute. Well, she FREAKED out. Everytime I tried to make her laugh by squeezing its beak, she started crying and reaching for me! But I'm determined to make her like it. She was much better with it tonight, but she did freak when I squeezed the beak again. Just so you know, I'm not purposely trying to frighten her by the beak-squeaking, but I just want her to get used to it, so she's not afraid!
Anyways, see here, the object of her non-affection.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And look how cute she is...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

first of all, i can't believe reese can sit up! it has been ENTIRELY too long since i've seen that little girl. we totally missed you at homecoming.

second, pride & predjudice irritated me, so no, you're not the only one with certain strong feelings about classic literature. at least we read, right?!

finally, i must go out and buy a puzzle right now. it looks so fun and has been years...

Jackie Sue said...

i just left a really long comment to this and it didn't allow it! :(

Anonymous said...

I am so selfish when I work puzzles. I want to put every SINGLE piece together by myself, and I guess this is something I'll never grow out of. It's embarrassing. I'm glad you were at least a little annoyed with your husband for working in your territory because it makes me not feel as guilty. :)