Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Girls Night Galore

My poor husband. He puts up with so much. =) I have been on several Girls Night outings lately. Last night I met my friends from Rockfish, Dahlia and Kim, for happy hour/dinner. We very seldom get together, so it was great to see them. We all have babies and so, talk regularly turns to child-rearing, which is actually nice. I really enjoy talking about my baby, and I know other people do, too, so to be able to talk to other moms is always nice. Noone else can really understand how exhausting it is, and at the same time, how wonderful it is, too. I seriously never thought I would be so exhausted being a mother. Everytime I heard stay-at-home moms talk about how hard it is, I sort of laughed inside... Even though, in my head I thought, well, I shouldn't be laughing... I'm sure it is more difficult than I know... but seriously?! And, of course, if I ever saw a mom with a baby who had crumbs all over her face, and no shoes, I thought, Geez, nice parenting! And, then, of course, the picking up of whatever just fell on the floor and giving it back to the child, I thought that was repulsive. Well, I, myself, am a regular offender of these three things. Definitely exhausted all the time, (although, I do take my child to work, which I think gives me added points for exhaustion) definitely don't like the crumb-y face, but if she's happy and I can sit and read at Barnes and Noble while she enjoys her crusty, messy, zwieback toast, I could care less!! And, finally, the re-handing of pacifiers and other objects that touch the floor... Not AS comfortable with that, but I will do it. So, all that to say, never say never, folks. And, especially, when in regards to parenting. Give us moms a break!!! Until you do it, ya just don't know.

Last Friday me and some girlfriends went to Town Square for a much-needed night out, followed by some dancing and just generally good fun. =) On our way to our cars, we realized that, although we went to Rockfish for dinner, we never actually ate... So I called up the restaurant, 45 minutes after they had closed, and begged my old managers to make us some food... Which they sweetly did. SO, we sat out on the patio, eating chips and spinach dip, while my friend talked in Spanish to my old manager, Jose, which he loved.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday is a regularly scheduled girls' night for me. My church girls and I, sit around at my friend Lyndsay's house, and basically just RELAX and talk, and watch our shows. IT's so great. I always look forward to it, because I know it will be laid-back and low-key. Some nights are louder than others, but it's always a good time. So, I'm definitely ready for tonight's girls' night. These are my Tuesday night girls... although, minus a couple...
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have to make sure I schedule my girls nights just right, because Niles tends to feel a big neglected sometimes. I've probably been pushing it a bit lately, but Saturday and Sunday were family days together, and we got a lot of quality time in. We took Reesers to her first chili-cookoff, and she ate her first Frito... and I bid on a 3 month tanning membership for $30 in the silent auction, which I won. =) Because noone tans in the winter. but me.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This Thursday is our 4 year anniversary! SOOO.... we've got big plans. Not that I know them yet, but I know they're big, and I'm excited to have some QT with my cutie. =)

2 comments:

lindsayloo said...

I wrote a blog about annoying people like this. Scroll up... you'll find it. =) Isn't it tacky?!

Anonymous said...

Well! 101 things about Lindsay! I couldn't get enough!!! You're freakin so crazy and funny...and yet...interesting...hmmmmm