Friday, August 01, 2008

Hangin Tough

No, the title should not mislead you to believe I am actually attending the sacred revival of New Kids that will soon be in my area. Although, I would LOVE to!
No, I am just referring to my current status since my last blog two months ago!!

I can't believe it has been this long since I've written, but actually I can. It has been a roller coaster ride since that last blog. So much has changed. New apartment, new job, new ministry opportunities, new kitten, new friends (not to replace the old, just bringing in some new!)... Basically life is about 180 degrees from what it was at the end of May. Niles and I are now the official CARES team for our new complex. We hold parties, brunches, basically just "serve" our community in any way possible... and we LOVE it. We have a great apartment, we are meeting a ton of new people and we really are enjoying the opportunity to bring something to the table of our community. And if I am at all enticing you to follow in our stead, let me know because I would love to recruit you. =)

But there have also been a ton of changes going on around us as well, that have nothing in particular to do with us, but that are profoundly affecting our lives. All in all, when I say life has done a 180 in two months, I sincerely mean it!

So, here's what's going down lately: had our third Book Club meeting where we talked about "The Shack", which I have to say, thoroughly disappointed me!! After all the hype, I guess my expectations were set so high, there was no where to go but down. Granted, I did have to rush through it, I didn't finish it, and I didn't start it until the day before Book Club, SO... could be that circumstances may have affected my judgment. I went and saw Mamma Mia which I loved, took Reese to go see Veggie Tales with her BFF, Emma... We went to the FCDallas game where I sat 50 yards from the GLORIOUS David Beckham. I even held Reese up so she could get a good look at quite possibly, the most attractive specimen on the planet. She needs early exposure. I just don't want her to settle, ya know?! I must say, it was entirely too smoking hot outside to BE outside, but we braved the heat to watch the FCD team take down L.A. What was more enjoyable was that we got to spend time with our dear friends (who abandoned us to go live in some ridiculously barren place like an HOUR away)and their son, Reese's future sugar daddy, Carson. They are so cute together. They copy everything each other does, including running, screaming, and leaving a path of destruction in their wake. They also sat next to each other at the restaurant and fed each other from their plates. Seriously. Carson gave Reese some of his corn dog, right off the stick, and Reese would hand Carson a french fry. It reminds me of my early dating days with Niles. Except I would never give away a french fry.

3 comments:

THZ said...

OMG, a blog... amazing! Glad you are still alive!

Susy said...

so glad you're blogging again. i was so disappointed when i kept checking back a few months ago and found nothing new. glad you're doing well!

(yeah it's been FOREVER!)

Jess said...

You crack me up! I love you!