Thursday, August 07, 2008

Mi Vida Loca

I have no point for writing, except that since I have been out of the loop for such a while, I feel the need to consistently update. Life is good. I have had an interesting, busy two weeks!! Last Saturday (almost two weeks ago) I went out and trained with my new job team, for the White Rock Half-Marathon I foolishly signed myself up for. We had to run 5 miles, because I guess that's where we are supposed to be at right now. Yeah, right! BUT, I knew if I signed up to run with everybody, my pride would definitely not let me quit. So, I ran the ENTIRE 5 miles! I have to say, I'm not a good running buddy. I am so impatient and I was determined to find out my pace, if I could really run the entire way, and how capable I was of doing this half-marathon thingamajigger. Anyways, I have just determined that running/training by myself is probably best because otherwise I am guilt-ridden thinking of reasons why I would abandon someone on the running trail.

Sunday afternoon we had a pool party for my apartment manager. It was a total blast, and so many people came out! We are lucky enough (both as a CARES team and as RESIDENTS) to have several restauranteurs who live with us and are overwhelmingly generous!! I am amazed at the kindness of our residents and the heart of our community. It is so enjoyable to be around, and it definitely makes our job here much easier. We are very very blessed.

So this week I was supposed to go in and get my dental implant. I went in, got put under anasthesia which was unnecessary, but totally up to me, and I love that happy anasthesized place I get to go to once every 6 months or so. =) Anyways, during the surgery, my Dr. realized that there was not enough bone for the implant to stay in, and he ended up taking the entire thing out, doing a bone graft and having me reschedule for another 4 months from now!! GRRR. So, I have seriously had this big swollen left cheek for about 5 days. It's sweet. Really beautiful.

Well, it's 4:15 am. I cannot for the life of me fall asleep, which tends to be the case lately. No matter how tired I am. Last night, Reese came and got in bed with me, which is sooo sweet and sooo precious, but also keeps me from totally RESTING. So, on top of that, I had the longest, most odd day today... A lot of things on my mind tonight and until about Noon tomorrow, I will probably not relax. SO, it looks like I'm in for a night of random Summer Olympics, catching up on Project Runway (which I'm shockingly not as into this time around), and of course, blogging for no good reason. Cheers!

No comments: