Saturday, August 30, 2008

WHEW!!

What a week!!!

Tonight's luau at our complex was the culmination of a week of total exhaustion and accomplishment. It's unreal how one week can bring so much growth, change, emotion... I'm relieved that it's over!! I had a great time at the luau, but I am definitely glad to stop thinking about it, for sure. Next events on the agenda are a birthday party, bridal shower, and ice cream social THIS WEEK. Not to mention, a huge meeting on Friday - Reese's new teacher!! WHOAH. Reese loved Ms. Pam last year, so I'm hoping the attachment wasn't strong enough to keep her from enjoying her new teacher. I'm sure she's adaptable. =) But I'm really excited. Mostly I'm excited to meet the person who will begin teaching her as of NEXT TUESDAY!! I love love love love love the company of my daughter. But I also love pre-school. =) I love that she gets to have the interaction with the other kids, that she has the structure that I'm not that great at giving her, as much as I try, and I love how much thought and time and energy goes into the program she is enrolled in. They truly try to help parents feel they are not missing out on their children even in those mere 10 hours they are away from us. I CAN'T WAIT! I know she will love it.

This week also brought a Cowboys pre-season game with my sweet friend Sarah, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" with Jackie and Stace, and a life-saving playdate for Reese and Emma! There was a lot going on.

Friday... wow. Are you kidding?! Friday was out of control. I have not had a day that long in such a long time!! Since we had to get ready for the luau, Friday was the day I had set aside for a lot of planning, purchasing, visualizing, etc. Of course, I didn't really take into consideration that I ALSO had timesheets due, expense reports due, the monthly prayer morning!!, A DENTAL APPOINTMENT IN DALLAS, AND A STAFF LUNCH, not to mention everyday work!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!!?!?!
So, my day was packed, and by the time it was 5, I finally sat down for about 30 minutes before Reese woke up from her nap (oh yeah, did I mention I had her with me during ALL of this - including dental appointment!). And, okay, noooo I did not pray all morning like my schedule had called for. I did however, pray in my car as I was running errands. And I really mean that. =) I had a lot to pray about!!

So, by the time evening rolled around, I did some grocery shopping, somewhat in a fog of disorientation and exhaustion, and went home to bake 4 boxes of brownies for the luau.

TODAY... Holy cow. Today. Luau extraordinaire!! Party was successful, and I'm sure Niles will post pictures on his blog. It was such a great time, and the setup was awesome, the food was awesome, the people are ALWAYS awesome, and overall, I am beyond thrilled. We got a water volleyball net (and ball), a DJ, a pig which had been roasting since 4 am... So many people came out and I actually think they are still out there.

I'm soooo tired because as soon as it was all over, we still had to take everything down, take all the dishes up, and CLEAN them all. blah. It's 12:45, and I'm still up, basically because this is the first time I have been able to sit by myself, and just... yeah. It seems so rare now that I get these moments, and I can tell that even though I wish I had more of them, I am right in my element, doing what I am doing. Because I feel energized, I am excited, and I am already looking forward to the next party! I absolutely love my residents so much, and I feel so blessed and happy being where we are. I absolutely feel that God has placed us here for a reason, and I don't doubt it for a second. I forget that we have only been here for only 2 months!

Thank God for purpose and change and relationships.

4 comments:

lindsaycutt said...

Woman! I cannot believe you stayed up to post this last night after the day you had. The WEEK you had!! When do you sleep? Luau was fun! You and Niles did a great job!!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you decided to do Cares Team!!!

Marian Briscoe said...

I will never again complain about how busy I am, wow!

Jackie Sue said...

Holy busy-ness! I think you should take a day off while Reese is in MDO, and sleep for 5 hours. Or Sleep for 2 hours then watch a movie and eat chocolate. :)