Sunday, August 10, 2008

If you don't already know...

The Olympics are on. =)

So I'm totally committed to watching as much as possible of this year's sports. Even if some may be ridiculously boring or without any of the melodramatic cutaway stories that I love.

The story I learned today just completely broke my heart, though. In a good way. If you haven't already heard, you absolutely must look up the story of Lin Hao, the little Chinese boy who walked with Yao Ming in the opening ceremonies. He was a hall monitor at his Chinese school during the earthquake. He crawled out from the rubble, went back in two or three times to RESCUE other children, and then walked another 7 miles to go find help for other children!! (I'm summarizing) It's just amazing. And not to mention he's totally adorable, and itty-bitty cute.

I'm totally excited about women's gymnastics this year, and I watched Michael Phelps win the 400 IM this afternoon. My DVR is doing some serious overtime right now, as just one of my Summer Olympics "shows" is 8 hours long. So far today, Reese and I caught up on Dara Torres and her relay team, May and Walsh doing some beach volleyball, and now we are watching the U.S. play China in men's basketball. This could potentially be the one time I will cheer for Kobe or Dwyane Wade especially.

It has been a very long week... One I am at once glad and sad to say is now over. Niles' parents have been here, which is always great, and we had a pretty successful CARES event Friday... but all in all, there have been many instances this week, including a very bad stomach-ache today which almost had me in tears, where I was ready to close the book on this week.

Note to self: Never schedule a dental implant, evening CARES event, in-laws coming in town, setup for job orientation, late movie night with friends, and the Olympic opening ceremonies in a one-week time period. It's just too much.

Another note to self: When scheduling the Olympic Ceremonies in the future, remind self to purchase ticket to be present, and also remind self to have a million dollars.

Additional note to self: Also remember, if they are asking you to schedule Opening Ceremonies, dont' accept less than a million dollars, for cryin out loud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Additional note to Lindsay's Self: When purchasing ticket for opening ceremonies, purchase an additional for my dear friend, the lovely Erin Sullivan.