Friday, February 23, 2007

Belated Birthday POst

Since some of you (ahem, Jackie) didn't get to come to Reese's par-tay... I want to share what an amazing job my mom did with decorating. Plus, I have pictures of the infamous dead-duck punch.
My mom is so talented in the area of home decor, and entertaining. Although she would completely argue that point, you can see proof by looking at these pictures! This is obviously NOT a genetic thing because I can barely visualize what kind of picture frame would look good on my wall!!
Here's the main food table that my mom set up... But to my credit, I did display the food. =)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the punch. Look closely... See those tiny yellow floating blobs? Deceased baby ducks. No wonder noone drank it!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was my best contribution... Reese's cake. Although the actual cake part was a sugarless, disgusting excuse for a cake, it sure looked cute! Stacey did help me place the Skittles around the outside. Actually, she went a little nutso. I think she was actually SILENT for about 1 minute while placing the skittles. It took a lot of her concentration. But as you can see, it was totally worth it!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Ava said...

Hi Reece,
Your party looks like it was loads of fun! I love rubber ducks too!
I think we should meet someday so my mommy can catch up with yours!
Love, Ava

Jess said...

You make me laugh! It was a fabulous First Birthday Party!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay! It's been so long. I saw this link through Jackie's. You & your baby girl are precious...love the name! I'd love to catch up sometime! Maybe next time I'm in Dallas, we can all have a playdate!

Blessings,
Christy Reece (Steensland)

lindsayloo said...

CHRISTY!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!!
I would leave my email address but obviously that's not a good idea. I'm going to try to get your email from Jackie.
Hopefully you'll even read this, otherwise I will feel lame for writing this whole thing. =)