Monday, November 13, 2006

Updated Books to Read List

I read my old one... eeehhhh, not so much. Finished Wuthering Heights, not impressed. SO, here's my changes. =) And, I'm sure this won't be the last time.
1. Marie Antoinette - currently reading.
2. The Emperor's Children - I wouldn't necessarily consider this a challenging read, but maybe a nice quick time-killer while I'm in Tennessee for the holidays. =)
3. Under the Tuscan Sun
4. Anna Karenina - this was on the other one... I've been trying to get myself to read this forever, but it completely intimidates me.
5. Wicked - started this one like two years ago, and I can hear it screaming at me from across the room.
6. The Confident Woman - started this one about two weeks ago. The Christian self-help books always take me a while, and I usually read them in tandem with something else a little more interesting. =)
7. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - see above. May not necessarily be Christian, but the self-help part still applies.
8. A Prayer for Owen Meany - I know absolutely nothing about it, but if Jackie says it's good, I trust her. I trust anyone who writes well to give me good book advice.
9. The World According to Garp - I've heard of this book at random times throughout the past few years, but didn't know anything about it. ONce Jackie recommended the previous book, I saw that the author is the same, so I bought it. Can I tell you how much I LOVE Half-Price Books!?!?!?
10. Falling Angels - Again, I know nothing about it, but since it's written by the girl who wrote "The Girl with the Pearl Earring", I bought it. THAT is a great book.

So, since I'm talking books... Was anyone else disappointed with The Great Gatsby like I was?!?!?!?! I don't know why, but I had such a hard time reading this book, and understanding what was going on. Needless to say, it made me feel like a moron.

Memoirs of a Geisha... Wonderful.
Gone With the Wind... i've read it twice, my favorite of all time.
Thorn Birds... would never have read it, but a really literary elitist friend of mine read it in her book club, so I trusted her. It was a good decision because I could not put it down. It was one of those books that keeps you up all night long because you tell yourself you just want to finish this one... last... page...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the great gatsby. it's probably number 2 or 3 on my list of greats. love it, love it.

and thanks for the great list. i'll add it to my list of...287 other books i want to get through...

lindsayloo said...

REALLY?!?! See, that sort of makes me want to try to read it again. Maybe I wasn't in "the right place" when I read it the first time. Anytime someone LOVES something, I figure there has to be SOMETHING good about it! But since I've got these other 50 books on my list, I guess I should wait.

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH, how is The Confident Woman? I heard its a good one! Maybe I need to get that!

lindsayloo said...

i guess Owen Meany has just been established as a Must Read.
Thanks guys!!