Friday, November 17, 2006

Boot Camp Blast

Last night was the last night of Boot Camp Blast. It's not a full "semester" of boot camp, it's kind of a preview for people who don't know if they want to commit to a full 4 weeks of the real deal. But it's equally hard, and equally challenging b/c there are no days off. Just four straight days of hard-hitting, ab-crunching, hella-pain-inducing working out. Sprints, pushups, boxing, jumping, running, crunching, up and down stairs, bear crawling, squatting then jumping... You name it, we did it.
My mile time is officially 8:50 right now. My goal for the end of the year is to do it in 8:30. I know twenty seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but when you're hitting that middle part, speeding up is the last thing you want to do!! I realized if I can just push past my first 4 or 5 minutes, I'm good to go for the rest of the mile, and I think I could probably go more if told to. Now, doing it on my own?!?! That's a different matter altogether. But I'll get there!!!
Anyways, this week, since Blast is considerably cheaper than real B.C., I convinced 6 friends to go with me! Lauren and her mom, Sherry, Pablo, Kristen, Meredith (my sis in law), and Brieanne. It was so great to have them there! Niles was convinced I wouldn't try as hard if I had friends with me, but I did!! And it was much more fun. It really helps to have your friends to get tortured with you. =) By the way, the guy in the picture is not Pablo, it's our instructor, A.J.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: