Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Boot Camp Part 6... (WOW, this is old and half-finished)

Okay, I realize that there has not been a "Boot Camp parts 1-5" but I had my sixth class last night, and for those of you who want to know, I thought I would update you on what we have done lately.

Saturday was my 5th class. Jay Johnson's wife, Lin, taught this one. We did something called "Add On". We were given these huge body bars... (http://www.shapeupshop.com/fitness/weighted_bars/aerobic_bars.htm)
And we had to start off running across the parking lot carrying the bar, which is very awkward, not to mention heavy. When we all got back, we started with one minute of pushups. Then grab our bar and run again. Come back and do squats plus bicep curls with the bar for one minute, pushups for 30 seconds, then run. Come back, do squat-jumps with the bar for one minute, squats/curls for 30 seconds, pushups for 30 seconds, then run again. IT WAS SOOOO HARD!! We kept adding on exercises until we had a string of about 10 workouts we were doing, plus running in between each! I thought I was going to collapse. And this is not even everything we did!!

Last night was the 6th class I've had. I don't know the guy's name who teaches, but he's hard-core. We started off by running BACKWARDS for half a mile!!! I mean, literally, having to keep looking over your shoulder-to-see-if-you're-going-to-run-into-anyone backwards! It was weird, but also, extremely hard, and my thighs felt like they were going to melt right into my feet when we were done.

No comments: