Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh Happy Day!!

When Reese was 5 weeks old, we found out that she had a milk/soy protein allergy. Meaning we had to start buying a 16 oz. $27 can of formula one to two times a week. Nasty smelling, over-priced, disgusting formula. The doctor told us we could start testing milk products with her once she hit a year old to see if she would grow out of it.
Last week, with much trepidation, I bought a half-gallon of Horizon organic whole milk. It was the weirdest thing to give her a whole bottle of this product we had been aggressively shielding her from for an entire year. She drank it down just fine and hours later, no reaction! So I started giving her a bottle every day... No reaction still!!!

Goodbye nasty expensive formula!!! Hello milk! You don't understand. Getting this formula out of our lives is like losing an entire monthly payment! Around $200 a month we were spending on formula. Crrrazy. And now? Well, $4 gallons sounds perfectly reasonable. Especially since that takes about $30 a month!! GOOD LORD I am relieved.

In other news... American Idol. (sigh) WHY in the name of all that is good, is Antonella Barba still on this show!?!?! I'm so disgusted with her. I'm sorry, I know that is harsh, but if you've been watching the show, not to mention the recent hoopla over her scandalous pictures, you know that she is NOT worthy of being in this group of contestants! I'm so disgusted that 4 people have gone home, and she still gets to sit up on that stage. PLEASE, God, let justice be done next week. SEND HER HOME, PEOPLE!!!! I'm sorry to be so passionate about this topic, but it is seriously driving me nuts. Lucky for her she is so outwardly attractive. (I know I'm being very judgmental... but seriously!!!!)

AND, A BIG APOLOGY.
I've never considered myself a flaky person. Although, a lot of people could justifiably argue this point, I usually do what I say I'm going to do. If I say I will be somewhere, I will be there. If I tell you I will do something, I will do it. I may not be good at returning calls or checking my messages, but I will usually get in touch via some form of email or something. But lately, I will testify to the fact that I have been a BIG, FAT FLAKE. Too many stories to tell, but I have forgotten to mail things, check my messages for even longer periods of time, not write back to emails even!!! IT'S CRAZY!!

SOOO... to all who I've unconsciously hurt or frustrated or blown off (the worst of all offenses) I'M SO SORRY!! I'm telling you, I've been retarded lately. For some reason I've been forgetting, and just basically blacking out. I don't know what's going on, and all I can think is that I must be exhausted. School, exercise, work, baby... maybe it's just too much for me... maybe I'm not getting enough sleep. I really don't know. All I know is, I've been taking a nap every day, and if you know me, that's significant because I hate naps. I hate stopping in the middle of my day to sleep!!

So, a big shout out to the following:

1. Jess
2. Des
3. Tasha
4. Des
5. Seth
6. Des
7. Brieanne
8. Amy
9. Vanessa
10. Stacey
11. Jackie
12. Kelly

I'm sorry for being a lame phone-call-returner and plan-changer. Shame on me. Seriously. I really mean it. My behavior has been reprehensible. I LOVE YOU!

And another shout out to my AI faves...
1. Melinda
2. Blake
3. Chris
4. Lakisha
5. Jordin
6. Gina
7. Chris S.
8. And of course, Simon. I love you.

Holsinger. Out.

5 comments:

Ava said...

Hey,
FYI - Braum's milk is also organic. They do not inject their cows with any horomones. You can get the literature about their milk in the store.
Happy Friday,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I am sooo with you on the Antonella issue. I about felt physically ill when she got to sit down last night.
If she's still there after next week, I might have to quit watching altogether (yeah right :-)) Homegirl bugs, there's just no way around it. Glad to see you and I are on the same page regarding such an issue of importance! :-)
Love ya girl,
Janie

Desiree said...

3 times!!! Man you really must be blowing me off! Just kidding! Youre so funny. No big deal. Glad we got to talk today and I am so stoked(still OK to say that?) that we are starting this book club! Yeah!

Jackie Sue said...

A) Yay for Reese and the milk drinking extravaganza!

B) I thin I'm not going to watch American Idol anymore until they get to the top 12. I'm getting tired of all the craziness!

C) Tuesday still = mall, right?

See you tomorrow!
-jack

Anonymous said...

I sooo understand about AI... she too is driving me crazy!! (Antonella) What on earth is she doing there? Enjoy the new paycheck!! It's funny because we drink Organic milk and to me it seems really expensive... but compared to what you were drinking. Super cheap!!