Friday, March 16, 2007

Top Fives... with UPDATES

Tonight we were out to eat with some friends, and ended the night by talking about our Top Fives... Vacations, Places to Visit, Movies, etc.
Since I'm now inspired, and I adore making lists of any kind, here we go...

TOP FIVE MOVIES: (purely defined by the ability to watch over and over without being worn down)
(also not in order)
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Mean Girls
3. Love Actually (had to update this one... can't believe i forgot about this movie)
4. 40-Year Old Virgin
5. WEdding Crashers

TOP FIVE MOVIES: (defined by pure love and respect)
(again not in order)
1. Gone With the Wind
2. Miracle on 34th Street
3. Love Actually
4. Walk the Line
5. The Incredibles, tied with Old School, tied with Wedding Crashers. =)

TOP FIVE BOOKS:
1. Age of Innocence
2. Gone With the Wind
3. Thorn Birds
4. Marie Antoinette
5. Pride and Prejudice

TOP FIVE PLACES TO VISIT: (for the first time)
1. ITALY - all of it, all of it, all of it
2. Versailles, and then the rest of France if time.
3. Boston
4. Japan
5. Spain

TOP FIVE ACTORS/ACTRESSES TO MEET:
1. Reese Witherspoon
2. Jack Nicholson
3. Conan O'Brien
4. Amy Poehler
5. Meryl Streep

TOP FIVE TV SHOWS still on air:
1. 24
2. Brothers and Sisters
3. American Idol
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. Ugly Betty
** honorable mention goes to House and the Apprentice and yes, Lost. (Jeez, I really didn't think some of these through)

TOP FIVE TV SHOWS not on air:
1. Friends
2. Arrested Development
3. Alias
4. Sex and the City
5. Project Runway (not on air right now, so it counts.)

TOP FIVE MUSICIANS/BANDS/ARTISTS:
1. U2
2. Beatles
3. Mika
4. Keane
5. Killers

TOP FIVE SONGS:
1. Beast of Burden - Rolling Stones
2. It Ain't Over till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
3. Love Today - Mika
4. One - U2
5. This is the Last Time - Keane

TOP FIVE FOODS:
1. squishy french fries
2. PIZZA
3. fried Macaroni and Cheese from Cheesecake Factory (or any mac and cheese for that matter
4. Natural peanut butter
5. CHEESE!!!

TOP FIVE SWEETS:
1. Sour Patch Kids
2. Hot Tamales
3. brownies (chocolate, cheesecake, frosted, non-frosted... as long as they're chewy, melty, hot and maybe with a little ice cream!!)
4. cheesecake
5. Heath bars

TOP FIVE MAGAZINES:
1. Vanity Fair
2. Vogue
3. US Weekly (this sucker is ALWAYS right no matter what the celebs say)
4. Sports Illustrated
5. Time

That oughta do it for now.
But since I'm all about talking "faves" again... I must say the song I cannot get out of my hand right now is Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". What a great song. Too bad it's a few years too late. =)

AND, I had while I normally LOVE seared ahi tuna, I had the grossest ahi tuna dish tonight at Cheesecake Factory tonight. Ahi Tuna Carpaccio... EW. not good.
Seared Ahi Tuna at Outback??? Gooooooddddd. =)

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Wheres Lost on the list??? Come on now Linds! ;)
Im glad you put Spain on your list. You will have to go with me when the kiddos are older and we can just get away (and have the money to do so :) ). Fun girls trip. Plus, while in Europe you can get a Eurorail pass and jet around Europe cheap!!!!
2010 baby!!! Its a date!

Jackie Sue said...

Oh my gosh--I just learned several things aobut you and also that we actually have quite a few differences! I must say though, that I loved Italy, I love all the sweets you mentioned (especially brownies, but without nuts), and anything covered in cheese. However, squishy french fries? You can have all mine as long as I can have all your burned crispy fries.

alexgirl said...

Wicked list. I agree with almost everything on it.
And I also strongly agree with the concept of top 5 lists. I do them all the time on my blog! (In fact, Ugly Betty was on today's list!)
have a good weekend ;)