Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let's Think About This for A Brief Moment...

"The procedure at issue involves partially removing the fetus intact from a woman's uterus, then crushing or cutting its skull to complete the abortion."

This is an excerpt from an article I just read about the Court upholding, thankfully, the ban on partial birth abortion. Let me rephrase the above sentence with the appropriate verbiage:

"The procedure at issue involves partially removing the BABY intact from a woman's uterus, then crushing or cutting THE BABY'S skull to complete the abortion."

Really. Does that seem like something that should even be up for discussion? Much less made legal??

Ironic that April just happens to be National Child Abuse Prevention Month.

I am so disgusted by the fact that someone could even try to legitimize this procedure, and turn it into something "positive". What's even more sickening is that the ban was only upheld by a 5 to 4 vote.

Sad. So, instead of just choosing not to have sex with someone whose baby you don't want let's just crush its skull to make your life more convenient. HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE TEENAGER WHO GETS HER BOYFRIEND TO JUMP ON HER STOMACH TO KILL HER BABY?????? She was on Oprah having the whole world gasp at her inhumanity. Are we going to do that with the doctors who perform this "surgery"???

(Understand here, I realize that some people choose to have abortions because of pregnancy due to rape or molestation, etc. But statistics show that those numbers are STAGGERINGLY minimal compared to those who are choosing abortion because it doesn't fit into their current lifestyle. Look it up before you decide to throw that argument at me. Even then, it still doesn't justify the means I'm talking about.)

2 comments:

Desiree said...

It is absolutely horrific! I am disgusted by it! Even in the cases of molestation and rape, do 2 wrongs make a right? I dont think so. Adoption is the perfect option in that case. Its not the baby's fault that it was conceived, however that was.
We are all to worried about protecting the seals and other animals. I am so disgusted with our nation in respect to respecting life, in whatever stage it is in. Oh man Linds, you got me going on this one! Thank you for posting it!

Anonymous said...

I agree, 10000%. The fact that this procedure is even entertained as an option is sooo disturbing and revolting. The thing that gets me too is that so many of the people trying to get this type of savagry ok'd are also "animal rights" activists who would be horrified to hear of the same procedure done by human hands on any animal. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all animal rights people are also pro-baby killing, but I just marvel at the ones who are. For sure one of those things that makes the devil throw his head back and laugh at the stupid humans. UGH!