Monday, April 30, 2007

I can't take this!!

NBA Playoffs 2007.
This was supposed to feel like Christmas! It was supposed to be simple, easy, and quick! Who are these Golden State Warriors we are playing? I for sure have not seen them this year.
This was OUR YEAR!!!

I'm so devastated over this first round of the playoffs for the Dallas Mavericks. I'm sick over it. I just cannot believe that we are down 3-1 right now, and have to win 3 straight games over this team in order to get into the second freaking round.

I'm not mad at them. I'm just mad. And I'm sad and embarrassed for them, because this is not the team they have been all year. Their legacy should not be set in stone as the only NBA team in history to lose their first place status in the first round of the playoffs!!!

If you're not a basketball fan, a sports fan, or especially a Mavs fan, then you probably think it's ridiculous that Ive spent so much time mourning these losses. But for some reason, it just really feels crappy. I want them to win so badly...

I realize they are not playing as well as normal, and I also realize that the Warriors are playing exceptionally more outstanding than they have for this entire year. But that doesn't soften the blows. I'm thinking of their reputations. It's just NOT STINKIN' FAIR.

I am a dedicated Mavs fan, and nothing that happens at the conclusion of this season will change that. If anything, I will show MORE support and MORE dedication!! But, I can't hide the disappointment. It's just gutwrenching.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Its crazy Linds! We watched the last game and Josh was so stinkin pissed.
The Warriors picked up 2 more players right before playoffs, Davis and another, and that has made a big difference for them.
I was really hoping the Mavs would go further than this, but there is still hope. They CAN pull this out!
Although I am a Spurs fan through and through, I am sad to see it go this way for the Mavs.

Jackie Sue said...

Blah blah blah. I don't care about the Mavs. We can talk sports if you watched the NFL draft last Saturday or caught FC Dallas getting their asses whooped by New England on ESPN-Espanol. :)