Friday, December 22, 2006

PT Test

This blog is strictly for bragging purposes. My last boot camp class for this semester was yesterday morning, at 6am. Little did I know that we were taking our "PT Test". I couldn't tell you what that means, but it's important. You go through three rounds. One solid two-minute round each of situps and pushups, and then a two mile run. You get points for each round, according to the amount of repetitions you can do, and your time on the mile. The height of perfection is a 300. A score of 100 for each round. That doesn't necessarily mean 100 situps and 100 pushups. They (boot camp top dogs) have calculated how many pushups and situps each male or female SHOULD be able to do for their age group, and awarded points according to how many you do. A pushup is only counted if you go the distance to the floor that you are supposed to go. Also, you must do MAN pushups. No knees, ladies. If you do go to your knees, that's when you stop counting. So, if you get tired and feel like you have to break, you just hold your body straight. No dropping on your knees or you're "out". With situps, you have to always have your hands clasped behind your head, and you must always come completely up to your knees. Situps kill me. I have the hardest time with them. I have always been told you were supposed to do crunches, so who, for the last 10 years, has been doing situps?!?? A lot of people I guess. Just not me. Anyways, at the last PT Test, I did 50 something pushups, which is pretty good. THIS time, I did SIXTY TWO, thank you. Sit ups, last time, I grunted my way through 30. This time I did forty two!! Which was hard, hard, hard. Here's the cool part... On my last two-mile run, I ran it in 20:31. THIS time, I finished the two miles in a cool 17:45!! HECK, YEAH. Three minutes faster!! I'm pretty dang proud of myself.

So, like I said, the height of perfection is a score of 300. On the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders squad, a 280 is what you need to be on the "Power Squad". My score this time... a 240. So close, but gosh I've still got a ways to go.
But, my body fat percentage is 19.5%. Which, for a girl, is two and a half percentages towards LEAN!! Go me!!

1 comment:

Jackie Sue said...

Go You! You look darn good and absolutely get to have bragging rights. :) I still totally want to borrow that shirt/dress from Italy.