Saturday, December 30, 2006

On my way

Well, I finally did it. I took steps toward getting back into school this semester. Obviously, I'm a little slow on the uptake, since the new semester probably starts very soon, but I'm hoping maybe I can start late, or something. I don't know. Maybe I will have to wait until summer. BUT, I did schedule an appointment with DBU to check out their Adult Education program. I feel like such a retard doing the Adult Education program. It makes me feel soo old, not to mention it brings up memories of those obnoxious adults who were in my classes at TCJC, raising their hand after every stinking question, because they always had something to say. And it was never important enough for them to say it.

I'm desperate to go back to school. I love being a mommy, and while I'm technically not a stay-at-home mom, because I do have a job, I am with Reese all day, whether it be at home, the office or running work errands. I feel as though I am not really accomplishing much. In a sense, I guess I feel as though there's more to do with my life, and I'm not doing it. Being a mother is tremendously satisfying, fulfilling, and heart-warming, and I enjoy every bit of it. ANd, I realize that raising a child is a huge accomplishment, so I am not just sitting around wasting my life away or anything. But, I know that inside of me, I feel a little purposeless. There's a whole side of me that is not being nurtured, and I can sense myself getting antsy - like cabin fever. I'm frustrated when I see so many of my peers who have their degrees and have successful careers, because I know that should/could be me.

I know I have an ideal situation right now... being able to work and be with my daughter 24/7. And I love that. When I think about not being with her for the sake of a career, I seriously feel tears well up behind my eyes! I know that I'm probably, in a way, right where I should be in regards to her. And for that I'm extremely grateful. But I also want to achieve something for myself. I have no idea anymore what I want to do as a career. But, I know I want to have one, and I know school is the all-important first step in that direction.

So, all that to say, THIS Thursday at 12:30, I'm driving out to BFE (DBU) to go to a "meeting" about the Adult Education Program. I'm really excited and I'm really hoping it goes well.

No comments: