Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'm a nerd

So, my husband totally thinks I'm the biggest nerd on the planet. And, I'm going to confess. I really, really am. I just can't help it. I mean, to be honest, isn't there a big nerd in all of us?!? truthfully?? Or is it really me? But, okay, so, here's why I'm a nerd.
I am obsessed with Making the Band 3. Like, really obsessed. It's ridiculous. I've watched every episode of every season several times. Maybe because I was pregnant the first two seasons, but I got a wee bit emotionally involved. What can you do?! Anyways, here's the nerdy part. I talked 5 of my girlfriends, maybe 6, into driving to Austin to go see "the band" at a signing.
i know.
i know.
But, thankfully, I have great girlfriends, who, I'm sure, think it's adorable that I want to go so bad. =)
So, here's the second thing that makes me extremely nerdy.
Harry Freakin' Potter.
I just love him. I love the books, i love the movies... Except for the third one.
Anyways, the extent of my nerdiness in this respect was realized when I bought the sixth book. Here's exactly what happened. I convinced Niles to take me to the bookstore THE DAY it came out. Of course, getting ridiculed by Niles the entire time. Then, as I'm waiting in line to pay, I actually start READING the book. reading the book in line... seriously. (sigh). Finally, I'm reading the book... I get to the end, and b/c of how the book ends... I cry. tears. seriously.
oh Lord.
I really, really am a total nerd. But, I really think it ends there. Otherwise, I'm completely awesome.

3 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

LINDSAY! I'm so glad you're have a blog! Welcome to it, my dear. Oh, and I think we all have a little nerdiness in us, but Making the Band? Seriously? Do you own any "O-Town" records?

Jackie Sue said...

Linds--FYI, I added you to my list of Blogs I Read. :)

lindsayloo said...

i know. I KNOW! It's bad. But no. NO O-Town records. That's a depth of nerdiness even I could never sink to.
Have you ever WATCHED MTB3 (that's the insider's code name for it)??? OBVIOUSLY, you haven't, because if you did, you would KNOW. you would just know. =) but it's okay. I understand.