Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Driver Obsessed

I'm an obsessive driver. I have road issues. But I think I've figured it out. I have a love-hate relationship with the highway. Here are my latest observations...
1) I've realized that for me, there are few things more therapeutic than driving fast, windows down, with really great music. Even my road rage can take a backseat, if the traffic is relatively minimal... I even make driving playlists. =)::
"Hotel Roosevelt" - Augustana
"Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel (oh my gosh, I FREAKING LOVE this song. it makes me happy)
"Wild World" - Cat Stephens
"This Woman, This Man" - Clay Walker
"Yellow" - Coldplay
"Linger" - Cranberries
"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" - The Darkness
"Hundred" - The Fray
"Headlock" - IMogen Heap
"The Walk" - Imogen Heap
"I Am in Love With You" - Imogen Heap
"Waiting on the World to Change" - John Mayer
"Crystal Ball" - Keane
"Cherish" - Madonna
"This is the Last Time" - Keane
"Beast of Burden" - Rolling Stones
"Ice Cream" - Sarah MacLachlan
"In God's Country" - U2
"Stuck in a Moment" - U2
2) I love road trips. Especially with people who like them, too. Although, I have to say, the 13 hour trip to Nashville, does get a bit long. (visiting the in-laws) And even if I don't do the driving... I still get to sit there and read magazines. Thankfully, I don't get sick reading in the car.
3) I HATE driving on Grapevine Highway. Why do people insist on driving 40 mph!??!? It's a FORTY-FIVE MPH ROAD, PEOPLE! It's excruciating to me.
4) I really prefer to be first at a stoplight. What if the person in front of me doesn't immediately take off? What if they don't notice that the light has changed? What if their car breaks down, and since I'm right behind them, I'll never be able to get away!?!? It's horrible.
5) I HATE when people insist on driving RIGHT next to me. And like, they can't just speed up or slow down, like it doesn't even faze them. Maybe it's because I feel like they are staring into my car, or looking at me for too long... Maybe I just like my space. Which I do. But that's a whole other blog. Just... speed up... or slow down. Whatever. Get away from me. =)
6) Merging. Oh my word. Is it so hard for people to know how to merge!?!?! I mean, if I'm in a lane that ends... you HAVE TO LET ME OVER!!!! There's really no option avaialble. Don't be a punk.
7) I'm SO consumed with finding the fastest way to get home, or get anywhere actually... that I actually start thinking about it 30 or so minutes before I even leave. And then, everytime it seems like the way that I chose to go is more unfuriating or congested or slower than any other way I considered. So, basically, I am never happy with any route I choose.

There are so many things I could say about this topic. too many. I need to stop before I get too riled up.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

i totally relate...and i know that i am the best driver on the road so what's up with everyone else being so horrible at it?!

stace