Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not-So-Sleepy Sunday

So, I'm a church-skipper today. Not feeling so great, exhausted from the weekend, and really needing some down-time. However, seeing as I am now resigned to the house due to our one-car household, this also means I am constrained to our home with my preciously high-energy highly-emotional toddler who, as I write, is hollering in frustration over the collapse of her Lego tower. The 5th said Tower we have constructed in the last 10 minutes. SO, down-time is not something I will have the luxury of enjoying.

Here are the things I would like to do this morning:

1. Lay down on the couch for 10 consecutive minutes (or more)
2. Finish my TIME magazine
3. Sit still
4. READ.
5. Not watch Dora, Charlie & Lola, or Go, Diego, Go.
6. Drink coffee; maybe even 2 cups
7. Take a shower by myself
8. Go for a run outside ALONE

Here are the things I will end up doing this morning, and already have done, since 6:30 am when Reese woke up:

1. Lay down for a teasing 3 minutes before hopping up to respond to shrieks of "mommy"
2. Start 3 separate articles in TIME before #1 ensues
3. Sit still not long enough to know how awesome it feels to be sitting.
4. Read Angelina Ballerina, Berenstein Bears, and Miss Mopp's Lucky Day.
5. Watch Charlie & Lola
6. Pour 3 cups of coffee, but only drink 1/4 of each cup before #1 ensues.
7. Will end up taking a shower with Reese either outside the door watching and crying to come in, or with Reese at my feet crying because the soap is getting in her eyes.
8. Running doesn't seem so important anymore.


Okay, let it just be known, that Reesey is just in a phase where Mommy is the only one she will cry to, or lean on, call for right now, which in some ways is sweet, but also pretty exhausting. I love my little girl with all my heart, but I would really love some alone time at the moment. =)

1 comment:

the sondreggers said...

i might have to stop reading your blog because 5 months old is tough enough--let alone knowing what is down the road...:-)