Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's American Idol time again!!!

Finally all the auditions are over... The top twelve are here, and I'm so excited!
This is probably the first of many AI blogs to come just like last year when I was ranting over Antonella, Sanjaya and Haley (WHAT was all that about people?!).

So I missed the live show yesterday as I was in Houston working an event, so I'm in the midst of watching it today to catch up.

I have only watched two performances so far, Syesha, who I have loved until the last two shows... and Chikezie.
NEED I SAY MORE?!?!

CHIKEZIE literally brought me to tears because I was sooo excited for him and absolutely loving his performance. He was incredibly entertaining, his voice was outstanding and he was genuinely enjoying himself and sincere throughout the entire thing!! If you watched it I doubt you could disagree that he might have just landed himself in the final 2 or 3 just as a result of this performance.

Watching him afterwards during the judging, I was even more tearful because just hearing how the judges gushed over him and truly gained a huge amount of respect for him made me so genuinely excited!! Call me overly-emotionally invested, or call me a wagon-jumper... I don't care! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!! And I really hope that he keeps it up.
SURELY, some of you agree with me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and I had big smiles on our faces during all of Chekizie's performance. He did an amazing job and his glee was so fun to watch. I love seeing his mom too! I have to say that I think all of them are pretty amazing in their own way (maybe with the exception of Kristi Lee. . . not so much) We are kinda partial to Carly since we LOVE eating at the Irish restaurant she works at in downtown SD (yeah, that makes us pretty darn freakin cool:)

I love your commentary, keep it coming
Love ya, girl
Janie

Jackie Sue said...

Chekize seems like a sweet enough kid, but I don't want him to make it too far. Sorry. :) Maybe it's because he only has one name. It's annoying to me.

I really liked the performances of Jason Castro--LOVE the song Alleluja--and David Cook ( I think that' his name) b/c I loved his version of Lionel Richie's song.

The boys are rockin it out this year. Well, the boys and Brooke White and Carly.