Saturday, August 25, 2007

Big Day!!

Today is Reese's first concert.
Who is it you ask? The Strokes? U2? Fergie? no.
Only the most.talented. most. innovative. group. of. all. time.
THE WIGGLES!!
We are Racing to the Rainbow today, guys. It is Reese's highlight of the day when I turn on the TV (which I try to do increasingly less, as I want my child to have some semblance of imagination and creativity on her own someday) and she hears that familiar refrain all of us parents know and "love"... "It's the Wiggles, it's the Wiggles, dancing with our friends..."
I have to say honestly, I am a bit excited myself seeing as I pretty much watch the show just as much as Reese and now feel some emotional attachment to the four colorful fellas. I have turned to them in some dark times. Times when I thought I could never get Reese to calm down, or stop crying, or help me figure out what was wrong; times when I felt the world closing in on our tiny apartment as I racked my brain thinking of ways I could help her. These are the Wiggle times. When the Wiggles are on, Reese's world comes to a stop. She sits down, stops crying, pulls her blankie on to her lap (or if she's happy, she dances and claps along with the songs) and gives mom a few moments' rest and recuperation. Or at least 30 minutes to get something done. Hopefully she won't die of shock when she sees Jeff (the purple guy) running around in the crowd. And he better... because that's what they show on TV and I am counting on grabbing onto his hips and starting a major conga line. Bet they'll show THAT on tv.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

disclaimer: For all you parents out there who are thinking of challenging me over the use of TV to help calm my child down... don't bother. I don't care what you think. =)

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Its a good thing I saw this blog on your MySpace cuz its a bit difficult to read.
I wish I knew the Wiggles were here, Caleb loves them!!
"Lights, camera, action...WIGGLES!"
Hope you guys have a great time!!

No judgement here on the TV!! ;)

lindsayloo said...

i fixed it.

THZ said...

Did you guys have so much fun? I don't think I have ever actually seen the Wiggles but Anna loves Veggies Tales so in April we saw Bob and Larry when they were "making an appearance" at Lifeway... it was the highlight of her life to that point... she still talks about seeing Bob the "mato"!! Those are fun moments watching the excitement in their little eyes! =)