Thursday, January 03, 2008

Starting off the New Year!

I'm not even attempting to make New Years Resolutions yet. If indeed I even do.
Honestly, how many of those do you EVER end up keeping?! I can say, as a person with little discipline or self-control, that I did the best on my resolutions last year, than I have ever done. But this year has started off so strangely!

I am in a F-U-N-K. In pretty much every aspect right now.
I have absolutely NO motivation or inspiration to get my butt in gear and it is so entirely frustrating. Over the entire Christmas break I experienced agonizing bouts of insomnia, and they have not let up!! Usually I am perfectly okay with staying up late, reading, watching movies, and generally wasting time and totally enjoying it. But now, I just want to go.to.sleep. I'm hoping that my lack of motivation is DUE to this lack of sleep, however, if I actually engaged in some type of productivity, I would probably see a sharp decline in all "lacking" whatsoever. I'm not going to harshly discipline myself until I go through another entire week of slothful behavior. So, I'll let bygones be bygones for the next two days. But come Sunday, it's GAME ON. No more slacking.

Now on from the bad to the good.
Tonight I threw a wildly successful, although you'll just have to trust me because I forgot my camera!, surprise going away party! Terri has been a stalwart member of my parents' church for quite some time, and she has become an entirely different person from the first time I met her. She met the Lord, changed her life, and really is the epitome of how you would hope people in your church would respond when they meet Jesus and decide to plug into the church. I cannot begin to explain how dependable, amazing, and humble this woman is!! And she has been through things that I truly don't know I could have come out of. Anyways, she is moving to Florida, making changes and moving to the next phase of her life. She had NO idea that we were planning anything for her, and truthfully she probably didn't think people cared enough about her to bother!! But we partied her socks off tonight, and between everyone we gave her over $200 in a Target giftcard. It was awesome!!

One more good and noteworthy item...
This week I reconnected with a friend from my past who I have missed for YEARS!! I am so ecstatic to have her back in my life, and I just never thought it would happen. I love you and I so much look forward to catching up on the crazy amount of lifechanging things that have happened to us in the last four freakin' years!

OH and BY THE WAY, my beautiful, best-mother-in-the-world friend, Tarrah had her baby last Friday!! She's beautiful. Congratulations Tarr!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

You did awesome last year so Im sure you will do just fine! Love you!