Wednesday, January 30, 2008

no time for the important things i suppose...

At least lately...
So my parents home finally sold. I went to help my mom pack up the other day, walked in the door, and literally burst into tears. I admitted that I didn't think I was capable of going through with this dirty deed of packing up my childhood, teen-hood?, and college-hood...
My husband cannot really relate one smidgen to what I'm feeling because his family moved consistently throughout his life. I literally have a memory of nearly every corner, nook, cranny, crack, and baseboard of that house. Every single birthday of the last 23 years, nearly every Christmas... okay, I won't list every holiday, but that's about it. I still had the Homecoming mum that my 7th grade Homecoming date (whom I am great friends with he and his wife now - which makes it all the more hilarious) gave me hanging in my closet! I still have the (or HAD, since my mom is notorious for throwing things out) pink puff paint sweatshirt my BFF gave me in 3rd grade. It had a black puff paint teddy bear that said Best Buddies (AAhhh, the 80s... such class, such taste, such inability to recognize bad "crafty" clothing...) and it was also still hanging in my closet. BUT, OK, it's done. Time to move on...

Unfortunately, I have hardly been able to relish in the last few weeks of occupancy because I am currently "speaker-coordinating" a major conference. www.synergize.tv - check it out... yep, all 50 speakers. That's what I'm working on. So, I've successfully managed to ignore my daughter, miss out on packing up my history, and miss out on several good nights of sleep.

But it all ends this week. Thank the Lord!
Although, I lovah lovah love this kind of work.

Outy 5000.

1 comment:

THZ said...

Love the new name for Bill!!! =)