Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pregnant

Yup. That's me!

We found out two weeks ago today, so February 5th...
I took EIGHT tests this month for various reasons. I think obviously I knew something was different this month, but the first four tests all came back negative. Of course, I did buy two of them at the Dollar Store and two of them on clearance at Tom Thumb. But I figured, a test's a test, right?! Well, apparently the days between tests 4 and 5 clearly were a landmark moment. =)

My first REAL clue was a few Sundays ago. I was on my way home from church and ALL I WANTED WAS TACO BUENO NACHOS! Like, more than anything on the planet and I wanted them YESTERDAY. So... weird. I actually took my 4th cheap test that day, and it came out negative.
The next day, same thing. Taco Bueno nachos on the brain. I was obsessed. So I literally ate Bueno nachos for 3 days straight! I mean, they're good, but really?! for 3 days?!
Each day I felt weirdly nauseated, which is very unlike me, as I do not have a weak stomach and I rarely get sick to my stomach.
So Thursday, on my way to staff meeting, I could immediately tell that if I did not EAT right then, I was going to be completely sick!! I walked in and said this, and my friend Katherine looked at me and said, "Are you pregnant?!" She, being pregnant, feels like this very often. So, that was a major red flag.

I bought the first digital test that day, and sure enough, PREGNANT!

Niles and I have actually been planning for this sweet baby for several months, and I was right at the point where I felt like maybe this was going to be a long road. Thank God that His timing is the best for us and that only He knows His plans and His plans are best! I'm so excited about this journey and about adding this new little blessing to our family!!

We went to the doctor yesterday, and against my hopes of being almost 9 weeks, we found that we are only 6. =( Oh well. I really love the "bigness" of being pregnant and that whole experience, so I was hoping it was happening sooner rather than later. But, it's okay. If we base this experience on the last, I should be showing in about 3 weeks. =)

Due date for now? October 16!! Three days before our 7th anniversary!!

SO exciting!!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

October 16th!?!?!? I was soooooooo off!

becki said...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to meet Prego Lindsay! I will love her!! :)

THZ said...

So excited!

Susy said...

how amazing! congrats to you guys!

Ava said...

congrats! so happy for you!